lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, October 26, 2006

TYPICAL THURSDAY

I so wanted to post this poem I wrote last week, though its bizzare structure(it's actually a dialogue between two former lovers) makes me feel all insecure and weird about the reaction of those who might read it...
Just because I in general like trilogies of all kinds, I made one of my one. This poem completes as a unit two previous poems of mine, The same all songs and Hollow you can read by clicking upon them.
As I have writen before, not all of those I occasionally write are inspired from personal experiences and whether the protagonist of these three poems is me, or some parts of me during different periods, or just a fictional heartbroken persona(I'd vote for that last one) with some experiences stolen from me or just people who make me want to write something about them, I think that everyone can identify himself at some points with that person...
I wrote this last poem because I thought that someone who suffers all that longing and still scratching the place where his/her memories are resting(that's what is happening in the first two), deserves some kind of treat. This treat/favor could only be some moments with the former lover, even if this meeting is just an illusion.

The probable meeting

We would at first be so happy
To meet again so abruptly
After all that enormously long time

I’d say let’s have a cup of coffee
Or is it gin tonic what you prefer
And you’d be like, I’m late for work
But anyhow, I was about to quit in any case

I’ve been in this business
For four bloody years
And I still find myself where I began
Yes, and I just got out of a relationship
And I’m sorry cause it was my longest one
I mean after the one we had…
It's just that we had this three months crisis overwhelming us

Is this the armlet I gave you the day before you leave?
I didn’t think you’d notice, I was hoping at least
But it’s my luck and by now my second skin
Though it has grown fainter but I’m glad you haven’t

You look pretty much the same too
And your taste in clothes got all improved
Well, drop that and tell me everything that’s new
It’s been much
I really don’t know from where to begin…

I got to get this bus, but this was unexpected
I mean great and I guess invigorating
I might call you some day
You haven’t changed your number, have you?

Gosh, now I see what I’ve missed about you the most
The way you look when you talk and smile and seem
Like “playful” at the same time
But I can’t hear you behind that glass
Tell the driver to stop, or just call me someday
I haven’t changed my phone just in case you’d call
(But you haven’t and it’s fine if you won’t)

5 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger White Square said…

    Hi,
    These are my favorite lines-
    Gosh, now I see what I’ve missed about you the most
    The way you look when you talk and smile and seem
    Like “playful” at the same time
    But I can’t hear you behind that glass
    Tell the driver to stop, or just call me someday
    I haven’t changed my phone just in case you’d call
    (But you haven’t and it’s fine if you won’t

    The feeling is very familiar. I think it is part of growing up, maturing in relationships...work ..any thing. It applies universally.
    Best..

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like very much:
    Tell the driver to stop, or just call me someday. . .

    says a lot!

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    The intensity of longing is certainly there & also a subtle sense of bravado. However, the last lines reflect pure vulnerability & wanting without the acting.

    "’d say let’s have a cup of coffee
    Or is it gin tonic what you prefer
    And you’d be like, I’m late for work
    But anyhow, I was about to quit in any case"

    (These were my favourite lines. I really enjoyed your poem for its whimsical wistful tale that was so true-to-life.)

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like this answer to the question of what would happen if we ever met again? Most assuredly, an awkward encounter, such as this. Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Phew! This poem reminds me of some of my old boyfriends! lol I do wonder about them sometimes! Where are they? Are they happy! Are they dead???!!! Hope YOU had a SWEET week-end! Lemon PIE! dreamer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter