lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, September 14, 2006

TAKE TWO

For poetry Thursday i got two poems this week. I tried to be loyal to the prompt though they are both about how many different things a person can be and how many emotions can adopt than a person become a total different one...

Well, I had written this poem a few days before the prompt and I thought that it could fit somehow, by modifying a little the last paragraph. So, I’ve changed it and I like it more in this way and there is stronger relationship with this week’s subject. In a way, it became more meaningful and “whole”. But later on when I read it thoroughly, I realized that it was very pessimistic and the character who experiences all that I’m describing hadn’t taken the good from the bad, so I guess by not learning from the misfortunes he/she became a witness, turned him/her into a non- worthy mentioning character. So, at the end I added one more paragraph, so at least there is an option to choose for what fits better. I hope it still remains an indissoluble unity after the alterations and the additional part.

When you felt lost/
For the second time born


If one day as you walking,
You mind why that rich man is torn
Well, it’s because all his diamonds
Are either thrashed or long gone

And if one day on a doorway
You ask why the girl ain’t getting home
Then well, her neighbors might tell you
“Her brothers have gone to the war”

Yet, if a woman in a garden
Sighs a sorrowful sad tone
You’ll know that probably her roses
Must’ve been speared by their own thorn

And if a nightingale in a pavement
Perches there cold and alone
Now, it’s because its pinions got wounded
And then both eventually broke

And if at night while you’re strolling
You find that their souls are like yours
Or if you just try to answer
Whether how that day should be called
Well you can easily name it
As the one you lost your world

But if you decide to stop crawling
And stand at the feet that are yours
Or if you feel yourself braver
Than the king who demands back his throne
Well then, this day could be named as
The one you were for the second time born




This one I wrote it right after I read at the blog about the theme of the prompt. Although I guess it’s more like a story with the morphology of a poem. Tricky… At least I believe it’s kind of funny, compared to my blue poem for last week’s submission. I guess I really worked this week. As I wrote at the previous post about Poetry Thursday I see the whole thing as a joyful task and to tell the truth I love tasks…

All me

At the age of four when my parents
Used to take me out with them
I was this kid who its aunts were telling him
To crawl on the floor one more time
Cause I was so good in playing the drug- addict
(What was I thinking? What were they thinking?)

At the age of seven I could do the same
But I could also sing and dance
And that was making my uncles and my aunts
Laugh ‘till their stomach would hurt
And they would later say “How skillful is your kid?”
(Were they feeling that pleased? How were my parents feeling?”)

After that I went to school
And sometimes I was what my teachers wanted
And some others what my classmates telling me I was
So, I could be the good student or the trustful friend
I could be the quietest at the class or extremely loud during breaks
(“How many A’s I got? How many friends I had?”)

And when I eventually grew
I became the lover, the rebel, the happy, the sad
Whatever the circumstance the appropriate me
The whiny, the proud, the child, the dad
But it wasn’t like changing facades, it still is doing whatever it takes
(“Am I changing faces? Or just my face so utterly changes if I make a grimace?”

3 Comments:

  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Phew! Thought i would check up on you and seeeeee if you had written another poem and to my SURPRISE! there's 2!!! and i LOVE them both! so when are you going to write your book of poems??? I'll be 1st in line to buy it! LOL I like that part where you say stop crawling and get to your feet! Great advice and the way you sing and dance and made your aunts and uncle's stomachs hurt! Phew! what a little clown you must have been! Well, thanks for inspiring me today, i didn't get my Blue poem done but at least something for this Thursday! Keep em' coming! You've got a gift!

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger lisrobbe said…

    Wow! BLown away! these were both so beautiful and you are so talented.

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Natalie said…

    I particularly like your first poem yioeng. I like the way it transformed at the end and became an opportunity. I love the line

    'and stand at the feet that are yours' - very clever. Good to read some of your posts too,
    Natalie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter