lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, September 21, 2006

ONE MORE SUBMISSION

Poetry Thursday here you are again. To tell the truth I got happy that there was no such strict theme this week, because I guess I’m not that good writing something by order (I hardly manage to write whatever comes in my mind and put it in the form of a poem, anyway) and secondly because I had already written the poem below since last week.
Anyway, the optional idea was to write something liberally and as everyone really feels. With few words, to unlock a pressed feeling if not a pressed self and get in touch with his real emotions. And I think the already mentioned poem of mine has a connection with that, by luck. Or at least that’s how I conveniently like to see it.
Now about the poem… So, someone could say that the protagonist of this poem is a hopeless illusionist but I definitely don’t see it this way. I think that he just tries to regain the lost contact with his feelings/intuition/neglected self whatever… That’s the reason I wrote it anyway, and this was my guide line and attempt. And the bond with the prompt I think it’s in the part that when someone tries to find a part of his self he no longer knows where and when was left, or a lost feeling or a past ability then he definitely hits upon and expresses a very sincere and true part of his self.


Sounds

So blurred
As if I was just asleep,
A little girl took me by the hands
And leaded me to a path
So long and so steep
“Hey man, can you hear
The rustle of the leaves?” she told
And it was weird
Because after she said, I did
Even though there was no air
To make them move, at all

And someone
Told me
The other day
On an overcrowded street
“Hey you, don’t you just love
This disregarded song?”
And it was weird
Because without thinking I said “yes”
But as hard as I later tried to find
There was no place this music could come from
And if there was
Someone must have had already
Turned the voice off

And I don’t know
If this was real,
But I think I asked a crying stranger
“Why these tears are flooding
Your eyes?”
And when he said
“Because a rabbit just caught up
On a hunter’s iron trap”
I felt guilt I couldn’t hear
The clicking sound before,
Though someone could say “it’s ok
This happened far
On the other side of the world”

But above all
What really startled me more,
Was when I heard your steps
First on the hall and later on
On the stairs
Even though I knew you weren’t there
And I had to shake my head twice
But then I guessed that I wasn’t wrong
Probably because even if you miss
I know exactly the path you are on

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Hey Greece Man! Love your poem as always! Phew! Wish I could be on some Grecian stairs! Maybe some day when my hubby retires! Until then, i can dream! Have a Happy Week-end! and keep writing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter