lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, October 19, 2006

THURSDAY

This time I post nothing related to the prompt but a poem I wrote a few months ago...

Hollow

Today I felt like I garnered tons of respect
but this was just not quite enough
I also gained a price for my life long contribution
but this didn't make any difference at all, either

At noon my friends got me a surprise party
I admit i didn't expect after all these years that they do the same
And my kitty gave birth to eight healthy fluffy kittens
I was just sad to have to give away

A new show launched on TV this afternoon
and producers promised it to be more violent and pretentious than ever
And as if this was not already enough
I got myself a limited- edition cardigan
I was definitely not in need of
but all my colleagues had purchased even a month ago

This day was long,
because depite all these I was trying to find you between the crowd
or at the subway and the bar I had my brunch served
But I could see you you nowhere
and that dessicated my chances to absorb life and bliss
And all I did was counting the hours 'till night to come
and think of the day before, we weren't apart

7 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger White Square said…

    An interesting poem!
    Cheers!

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was reading along, wondering were you were leading, thinking I know this or that feeling, sorta been there done that..than wham the last line..says it all..thanks..m

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting poem, great title! Like how you pull it all together at the end.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger ren powell said…

    brings back memories. not good ones, but there's a sort of sick pleasure in remembering anyway- thanks.

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger twilightspider said…

    So much longing, it really mirrors my own. You put a lump in my throat.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Bobby said…

    Hi, I followed links in. Glad I did.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Been there, done that! Longed for some lost LOVE!!!but always a new LOVE would appear.....it takes TIME, did YOU keep any of the kitties? Yeah, I'm burnt out from the internet, just want a little break! Take care my little Greece Man!!! Love will come again!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter