lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I GUESS IT'S FINE IF IT AIN'T RHYME

It’s been a while I haven’t posted anything but I’m here again with a post definitely different from the previous ones.
Well, this time I decided to post a poem I wrote some time ago and furthermore I let it be included amongst others in the Poetry Thursday blog which is a place I found out recently and has to do obviously about poems and stuff. As the matter of fact, I’m thrilled to do so, because even though I’m not that much into poetry I see it as an interesting weekly beneficial task and I’ll definitely try to participate the more frequent possible. To tell the truth, this is just the second poem I’ve ever written after many years that I had wrote the first one and you can read it by clicking here.
For some reason, I can’t identify, I want to say(or more precisely type) that although I’ve “published” in my blog some of the short stories I have wrote quite easily, when it comes to poems I really feel hesitant to act similarly. Maybe it’s because I don’t consider myself as that skilled in the subject but that’s the way I feel about my stories too. I just do it for the fun and the liberation they offer. So my doubtfulness still remains a riddle even to myself.
Now that I think about it, maybe my second thoughts come from the conclusion I’ve reached that people sometimes are cagier and more critical with poems than they are with other forms of art or expression, like stories or song lyrics per se. But yet I don’t know if this version explains my dread to expose my “poetical self”. Anyway, obviously the important thing for me is that my hesitation didn’t stop me from “publishing” it because it’s right underneath though I keep thinking that making it such a big issue, it’s kind of weird…isn’t it?
To my defense, I know that in general, I always need some kind of a “push” or a motivation to do things and not be reluctant but this time I definitely managed to beat my inborn indecision. And this time I beat it for good since I let this be known and from a separate blog apart from mine and I know that people who really have an interest in poetry might visit my cyberspace and check what mine is all about…
It’s already been a big introduction and I wouldn’t mind if you skip, but allow me to add some more. Some more about the poem below itself…
Well, I guess that it’s not a very happy one, (do they ever?) and while reading it, I figured out that it’s about dark feelings and situations someone might goes through from time to time such as loneliness, loss, separation, futility, learning to live along with a grudge, time passing by and a bunch of some others maybe. Interpreting is a very personal and subjective procedure, so it can almost be about everything…
To end, I explicate that I use the phrasal “figure out” because even though I was the one who wrote it I only realized its meaning afterwards while reading it. During the process, I was just kept writing and writing without thinking anything, and without having in my mind a specific situation or experience. Of course, it certainly reflects the way I was feeling at the point I wrote it and possibly some experiences of mine or from people I know but nothing in particular. As writing I was thinking that it’s about a bunch of unrelated craps but afterwards I saw that it can actually make sense despite the lack of apparent cohesion and metre…

The same old songs

The same old songs
And a faded picture of you,
I stumble on the curled up carpet
As I’m moving to the kitchen

A lifeless house
I still can’t get used of seeing so well tided- up,
Your stuff is no longer in it
And so are not your clothes
That once had totally overtaken my closet

And yet my look is blurred,
Even though I’m out of tears
And the last ones have already
Reached their way to the floor

My attempts so vain
That it’s getting ridiculous,
I’m not going to laugh about myself
Cause that would make me like the ones
Someone cries about

Oh Gosh it’s already been so many years,
So many years
But yet it’s like it was yesterday,
How can it feels like it was just yesterday?

I’ve changed but that’s inevitable
And above me,
You’ve changed too,
What made you think that time wouldn’t affect you?

I can’t act like I don’t know you anymore
You’re like me and I’m like you
Our only difference is
That I could see it while you couldn’t

I’m still listening to those old songs
And I’m still whispering their tone,
From time to time I miss a word
But that’s ok
Since I’ve learned to be missing you

1 Comments:

  • At 2:45 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Phew! I really like that poem! It makes me want to go write my "Blue" poem! I like that part where you whisper the words, such a romantic sad poem....love lost takes time to get over, keep those poems coming, now if I can get mine done! Maybe by Wednesday! and my destination Wish I could go there is Greece! Ever since I saw Anthony Quinn in "Zorba the Greek" haha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter