lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, November 09, 2006

COUNTDOWN

This poem is may not related with the prompt, but it is with my own previous post. In that, I may was joking a bit too, but what I tried to say, was that there are times you feel off your way or not loyal to yourself. The moment I wrote this poem, I didn’t have in my mind the “fooling yourself” thing, but back then, it was a period with a couple of misfortunate events and I wanted to create a shelter I could see nowhere at that time…
As it seems it fits for both of the situations

PS I know I said I woldn't write anything, at least for a little while, but in truth I actually haven't. There are still two poems left and they have been writen because of poetry Thursday and I'll participate until tey're all posted.



Some times

There are times
You might feel astray
And your only yearn is to get lost
In one of those millions of ballad songs

And there are times
You might feel off your way
And you only look for shelter
In one of those millions of happy ending tales

And you only know you walk this path
When you realize it’s pointless
To still hold as your grip
A moment that has passed

And you only know you’re in that path
When you realize your wish
From world stop spinning for a second
Was way too much to even ask

3 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Pauline said…

    I hope you go on writing poetry for - say - the next hundred years or so. This is a wonderful piece, capturing that yearning we all experience now and then to seek shelter from the place we find ourselves.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi Yio,
    Thanks for dropping by and also for the other day. I meant to come by but something must have pulled me away.
    I agree with Pauline that you write wonderful poetry. This reads very much like a captivating love song.
    Keep up the good work & have a great weekend!

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger twilightspider said…

    I don't think you should stop writing either! This piece is really moving - I can't tell you how many times I've felt this exact way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter