lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, November 16, 2006

CHECK IN

Some time ago, I heard a song on the radio and I can't exactly recall the tune but it was saying I guess, about a blue hotel. I don't know if this a classic song, it sounded like one at least and I'm not going to do guessing cause if it's a really well- known song I'm not aware of it, I'll may feel kind of emparassed. So, if anyone knows about which song I'm talkning about, just let me know..
So, I thought I should write a poem about a blue hotel too, which you can read right down below...
I also knew what the prompt was all about and even though I had already decided that I would post this poem, I guess it fits if I'll add... I lie about the blue hotel.

Blue hotel

Blue hotel
Where people come and go
But never really leave
Blue hotel
Where drinks flow
Like high waterfalls
And music never seems to stop
Blue hotel
Where women mesmerize
Men with money inside
Their pockets
And have a certain price
For their meager fleeting kiss
Blue hotel
Where no one gets out of it unscathed
Blue hotel
Where no one gets less suffer than delight

7 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger madd said…

    very nicely done, I am not sure of the song you mentioned, but this brought to mind one of my all time favorites, Hotel California, by the Eagles..good one..thanks for sharing..m

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Yes! That's what blue hotel reminded me of but I'm not sure if this is the song! I'll have to check because I have this Eagle's CD with Hotel California on it! Thank You for visiting me and I am enJOYing this break! HOPE you have a SWEET week-end! Let me just linger here a minute, isn't it something, with a flick of the wrist and a click of the mouse, I'll be in Greece! Greetings! and well wishes for YOU, my little friend! xo

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger twilightspider said…

    Nice job running with an image that stuck in your head. I love the line "meager fleeting kiss" I can just see the pursed lips, barely brushing a hungry mouth.

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Natalie said…

    I love the way the blue hotel could be anywhere... rather than a real hotel... great lyrics Yioeng.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Doe said…

    sheerly lovely! Probably the song you’ve in mind is the one by Chris Isaak, a very 80’s hit…

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Yio.
    What a lovely romantic idea for a poem.
    And I think you could turn it into a song if you wanted.
    Good show!

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Yio,
    just stopping by again to say thank-you for your heartfelt smashing comment on my blog & have yourself a great week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter