lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Saturday, September 09, 2006

THROUGH CABLES

Tonight I watched a film on DVD which happens frequently of course but this one was really brilliant. It is called "me you and everyone we know", or something like this anyway, and the only reason I’m writing about it, is because the screen writer imparted an opinion, if not a conclusion through one of her characters in the film which was really striking. Well, I ain’t start saying about the whole film and its characters which by the way were especially well-built and multi- leveled but I’ll just stay to that line which in spite of it was just a speedy remark, I still keep thinking of it even now that the film is over.
Well, one woman in the movie said because of an event, that if aids weren’t existed then emails wouldn’t exist either. I believe that this is so true, and of course this is not restricted to be interpreted just for the emails, obviously. I guess this line means that physical/real contact between people nowadays has been replaced by the distant/unharmed digital kind of contacts or at least diminished, because people are afraid. It’s a shame that it involves some many jeopardizes and parameters to have an actual connection with somebody else.
So I guess it also means that the safety, distance provides people with is some kind of an instinctive precaution, maybe they/we take. So, the second conclusion I effortlessly can agree with, is that people feel more alienated now more than ever, not because they conveniently prefer to use the technology mediums to get in contact with others rather than with a more immediate way, but the way the world has changed and “progressed” leaded the majority of people to choose this way. After all, it may is just a natural and instinctive aversion to threats that there’s imputed in everyone’s genes since the day we are born, that makes some (or a lot) people act in this way.
PS Well, what about me choosing to point this issue out and mention it through internet and not through a different way… I guess as oxymoron and paradox can be regarded more easily as an actual phenomenon…
PS2 I had to "edit" this post and add this 2ond ps because after trying to publish it and "view" it after clicking the named button it was just impossible... The page could not be found or shown in my screen due to an error. Do you think technolology itself rebelled because I was kind of judging it...? Well, I don't think so... Probably a coincidence which made me smile... OK Let's see now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter