lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Monday, January 15, 2007

THE WISDOM TREE

BRANCHES

In a big moment like this,
You found the time to become
Oh, so philosophical
You even talked about Aristotelis
Though you admitted you couldn't comprehend
Neither from the five pages of the book
You read last night before you sleep...
Tiredness proved to be more powerful than his theories;
The sun was shining
But I couldn't feel less happier
Even if the strongest storm was there to stare and interact;
We said big words
In a very plain way;
Mostly, you said
And I just listened,
While cutting small branches
From the tree beside me
To smaller ones
And then throwing them recklessly
Down to the concrete street;
If you can say about anything
That is concrete for sure

7 Comments:

  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    AhhhHHHH! I forget sometimes YOU are a student! What was throwing those branches??? Big Bird??? LOL take care and Happy week!!! to YOU! xo, Cinda***Here's for everyone like me who is not studying!!! but should be maybe learning new things!!!http://www.halkidiki.org/about_aristotelis.html

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Deep thoughts & gorgeous to the mind! :-)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi Yio,
    Replied your latest comment.
    Don't worry.
    Won't say anything more.
    We are always friends.
    Looking forward to your friendship & hopefully you will still visit. :-)

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Cassiopeia Rises said…

    Hi, I blog hopped from susan's blog. You sounded interesting and I wanted to see what you had to say.
    You poem is very good and I like it very much. I can remember conversatins like that when I was younger and in love. At my age love grows old but if you keep working at it, it will stay fresh or so "They" say.
    I will be back to see what you are up to if you don't mind?
    Oh, and please stop by my blog if you want.


    love-bd

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger White Square said…

    I liked the references made here about the big moment, being philosophical, incomprehensibility, big words....

    Cheers

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Where are YOU my little Greece man? Does it snow much in Greece? I miss YOU! xo,Cinda ps. did you win the lottery and are busy traveling the globe?!!?? Let's visualize it and make it so! Bon Voyage!!! Happy Week-end!!!

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger BendingPeak said…

    WOW. Very nice! Thanks for the coment on my blog. I am going to have to come back and read your short story for SS.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter