lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, December 21, 2006

THERE SHE WAS

Me; walking down the wet street while spatters of rain are establishing themselves on my glasses. Headphones on, so tiny and discreet, being difficult to be discerned, playing some summer song…
Her; walking up the wet street, holding a bag probably filled with newly- bought gifts for her intimate people… It’s Christmas, remember? The lucky bitch, though I don’t like calling her that because we used to be so good friends in high- school, is not a myope or a presbyope, so has absolutely no idea how frustrating it is to see everything through the scattered diffractive water- balls on your glasses.
I see her, around twenty- two twenty- five and I think, hhmm… cute… She makes some strange clown- type moves to stop my hurried pace, I needed to get back to work because I was already too much purposely late as I had an exterior thing to do , and I think hhmm and funny too… This must be a striking combination…
But then I see more clearly and I get it that it’s her… My classmate/friend from school I have seen her only five or six times since.
The dialogue letter- perfect
Me: It’s you… (both cheek kisses)
Her: Of course it’s me… And it’s you… nice…
Me: (I hold her from the shoulder now; tenderly I try… awkwardly it comes out somehow) what are you doing here? Christmas shopping?
Her: Well, not really… some shit so far… but I’m heading for the boots…(she seemed hesitant to tell, so I suppose she had bought underwear…That’s not a taboo anymore, she could tell it to someone she hadn’t seen for, let’s say… like a decade)
Me: You should go from that street… the shops are better there…
Her: That’s where I was going… Ah, let me see you… you’ve lost weight?
Me: I think… I used to be fatter anyway… and you look great… Honestly… With this, how you call this, a beret? Yeah, let me see you… you look great…
Her: I was looking to some pictures the other day, from that trip, remember?
Me: Vividly!
Her: Well, you were scratching your nose in one of those… disgusting… though it was fun…xixixix
Me: xixixix oh, let’s forget the past…
What are you doing, are you still with that person, we should meet sometime again, let’s have a coffee, was few of things we talked about during that three minute meeting…And then I felt like a school boy again, when she mentioned between laughter the gigantic pimple that is thriving just a little higher from my left eye-brow since last night.
Her: What’s this? You are twenty two from Christ sake… You still get these?
Me: (while walking to the opposite direction from hers already) You’ve noticed? I had totally forgot about it ( the eye- brow was hiding it, otherwise, I’m sure I could see it just by upturning by eye a little bit….) Did I really have to meet you today? (laughing back)


That’s a picture of me before the pimple… And thankfully it’s almost and already disappeared…

7 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    Your descriptions are really great. I love the image of the glasses with the water droplets.

    and the feeling you get while reading this... I've been there.

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yio..hey my friend..finally I have a moment to say hi. Started a new job this past week..so new job..Christmas preperations, blah blah this..ha ha that kind of empty parties...way to mush to do and way way to little time..lol..thank you so very much for your great commit..I do enjoy what you have to say it makes me smile and see what I have written through your eyes and then I have a fresh look at my words..thanks!! I hope to get back to PT after the holidays are finished..miss it and seeing what other have written. I also miss touching base with my friends out there..like you..:) Take care and have a great Holiday ..m

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Hi Yio,
    That handsome lad you?
    My! My!
    I like your idea about walking down/up the wet street.
    A poignant mood & your last line said everything.
    Happy Holidays, my friend.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger yioeng said…

    katie, thanx for returning the visit, feel free to visit again any time

    madd, glad u came by and that u like my comments, good luck with ur new job

    sus, i'm flattered.... the meeting was true but while writing it, an idea crossed my mind that "hey i guess sus, might find my dialogue useful for the play stuff she writes" in any case, thanx for the comment... happy holidays and enjoy...

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Ha-Ha, Yio! Thanks for the lovely comment in my blog on Jean Rhys & thanks for the humour. Catch you soon.

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! to YOU!!! XO LOVE and prayers, Cinda ps. (have FUN!!!)

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Hey SWEET Greece man!!! What's the TIME difference, You'll have NEW Years before me??? HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It's only December 30 right now at this writing, 5:31 in the evening of Saturday,2006! See YOU on the flip side! XO, Cinda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter