lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Monday, November 27, 2006

WEEKEND

I spent this passed weekend at Thessaloniki, which is the second largest city in Greece after Athens. There were so many things we could do during those couple of days and as it happens when there are many options, we only managed to do the half.
So, my friend’s and mine exodus involved a visit at the mall, a cool cloudy afternoon hanging at a cafeteria, a visit at the place where the international annual cinematographic festival takes place and a visit to the museum of contemporary art and the gallery where the photographs of German’s director’s Wim Wenders are hanging for a week I guess, already.
This exhibition of photos I’m talking about was really interesting and they were in fact still images of moving pictures. Anyway, sadly we missed two gigs from Juliet Lewis and the Licks on Saturday and from Morrissey this very night, both I guess exquisitely worth seeing but I’ll skip this.Apart from these, Sunday night was a movie night as it turned out… and we watched Babel…. This one was really great… Such a crafty director, I can’t recall his Spanish name, with so many things to say.
So, with no gigs nor clubbing it was a rather intellectual weekend. I guess the craziness was missing but so did the consistent hang over.

The following picture was taken on Friday… I had been seeing that derelict car for some days in the same place and I was thinking that with the wood factory behind it, looks like it’s from a different old era and deserves to be photograph so here it is…

2 Comments:

  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said…

    Sounds like you had a fun weekend, Yio.
    Colourful, lively & interesting!
    And yes, that's a good pic you have there.

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger xyu7 said…

    Hey milton, what's up?
    Sounds like a nice s/k.
    How was wender's exhibition?
    I sadly missed it.
    I love the photo btw.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter