lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Friday, July 07, 2006

THASOS ISLAND

The last days were great! I was on vacation so I got rid of all the stress and obligations which are hunting me during the rest of the days… That’s the purpose of vacations if I get it right… right?
So, I visited the island of Thasos which is in really short distance from where I live.


Thasos is a quiet and small North Aegean island and it’s mostly a destination for families and quiet, probably in need of relaxation, people.


At least that’s what I had in mind before I got there. And to tell the truth I wasn’t totally mistaken but I also saw young visitors from both Greece and Europe which means there were available a few places to satisfy that group of vacationers as well, like pubs and stuff, where the ones who were wanting it could have some enjoyable time… So memorable will be the pub where my friend and I went for three days –or more likely nights- in row, where the music was great and I also contributed significantly in diminishing their beer profusion supplies.


The sea was also amazing and the special about it is that you have to walk for about fifty mtrs until the height of the water surpass the height of your knees…


As regards the room we rented, it was much better than its price but above that, I got impressed by its owners who were more than hospitable and very kind… One day they even offered us stakes and beef for lunch without having the obligation for to…


The unpredictable unfortunate occasion (every trip I guess has) was that weather messed our plans about visiting a couple more distant beaches, since except for the first day, it can described as lousy… Indeed, I was about to lose the high spirit for that but sometime between, I decided not to get influenced by the climate abnormality (heavy periodical storms, wind etc) and keep on with my vacation program. So I kept on swimming, and going out wearing my havaianas like nothing peculiar was actually going on. Maybe now that I think about it I was the peculiar going on…


Right…hum… the second unpredictable unfortunate occasion was that before everything, on our way there, a sea- gull landed on the left side of our car and that was not the start of the journey I had thought about, to tell the truth. But we overcame it easily since not such damage had caused to the car and chiefly the passengers (that includes my sister, a friend and me) weren’t affected neither! Thankfully…


In few words it was a great full weekend… It was about enjoying what a Greek island has to offer… relaxation and memorable moments of fun… And maybe also about nature turning its anger so clearly upon me, for that I can’t find the reason…



PS The soundtrack of those holidays could be “La pared” of Shakira, regarding the frequency of the repetitions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter