lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Saturday, July 08, 2006

ETHEREAL

Thursday 21:30; I watched this lovely Greek singer Eleftheria Arvanitaki giving a unique concert, literally within a hole of a mountain ravine. Despite the fascination, I can’t start talking about the place because there are way too many reasons for to praise it, so I will just focus on the artist.
I had attended one more gig of hers two summers ago and both times I received the same old impression that she is effortlessly capable of signifying the aroma of my country and its smooth summer nights. It’s just something I can’t define about the way she sings and moves on the stage. Perhaps it could be the internal powerful energy that comes out of a thin body.
Above all, I want to point out, related to the previous annotations that I just kept gazing her -astonished- all that night long, communicating with the air that was running through her. It was something magical... It was like she was filtering and getting filtered at the same time by the air that was crossing her way. I kind of almost doubtfully believed in a certain point that her body would follow the orbit that her aerial dress had taken…

in the right way...

crowd gathering...

outside watchers...

so overpriced...

empty stage...

eleftheria...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter