lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

VACATIONS

I just had an invigorating shower, I wore my clean clothes and got my suitcase unpacked. As it seems, I just came back home from (short-time) holidays.
I didn’t go far, well with the bus it seemed like it was, but it felt like I was in the most cosmopolitan Greek island, which is Mykonos although I wasn’t. Well, let’s just say that I visited the closest substitute of Mykonos from where I live. That place is Chalkidiki and more specifically I visited the coastal village Kalithea. I spend three great days there and besides, I had to deal with different matters which make me think of these days as a quiet an experience.
First of all, on Friday when my friend S. and I got there, we had to deal with the lack of available accommodations to stay. We had to walk around the whole village for an hour and a half under the strong sun and 38° C plus, we had to carry our luggage. Basically, after a quarter, I went on alone and my friend stood in a shadowy place with the cases. During the period I was looking for a decent room to spend the days, I forced myself to capture some signs of the neighborhoods and streets I was passing by because I usually am very disorientated and I tend to loose my way very easily. So, this was one of the few times I didn’t get lost though I crossed a strange place all by myself. Despite that, during the searching there were a couple of times that I felt really frustrated and out of control because all the room and hotel owners were kept telling every time I was asking for a spare room that they were out of and it would be really hard to find one because of the great influx. At the end and as usually happens I found a spare room in the last place that I told myself that this would be where I would look. They told me that there was one free studio but it was just for that day but we took it since no other decent alternative was on the cards. It had a pool also and the price was very reasonable. It was a real luck in our pitiful condition (mine mostly that I seemed drained due to heat) and they could rip us since they had realized that they were our only choice but -paradoxically and thankfully to my eyes they didn’t.
The next day we found just one two- bedroom room and it was so- so lousy. From the entrance you could smell this odd smell the old premises have, there were no warm water for shower, no air-condition or TV, no covers and clean towels and in general I could never spend a single minute there if circumstances were different. At least the view was the most amazing and I have to say that the bad condition of the room forced me to spend the scarce time we were there in the balcony enjoying watching the clean waters.
Except for the room everything else was quite pleasing… We had some great time clubbing and going for swim or going to the village’s famous crowded beach bars and dancing, listening the music and having refreshing drinks. I even smoked a little even though I quit since last November. I don’t know if having a couple of cigarettes that occasionally can harm you… I guess they do, but I relish the idea that even such bad habits are not effective when you practice them that rarely and just for your bliss. Anyway…
Most important, during these last days I kind of felt really good and I caught myself behaving like the 22 year old man that I am. I don’t know if what I’m saying sounds bizarre or anything, but I mean that at least for myself, sometimes I forget that I’m just a young man who needs to have joyful and careless time… Due to my many reasons I tend to forget about having fun and I focus on money, work, school, (sometimes my blog), waking up early in the morning, my parents, my goals or my dreams, my targets and many many other things. Of course, I always find some time to go out or do something that will make me feel good but I guess that whether we like or not as someone grows the times he consciously is doing really amusing things and realizes that and feels appreciative of those become fewer.
In a way I’m grateful that this weekend I had such good time and simultaneously I was aware of it as I was experiencing that…
Here are some of the photos…


The incomparable panoramic view from the lousy room

Headless me, staring at the sea

There where no mirrors in our room, so my dig was playing that part in occasions like "do these clothes fit?"

Sea is better at night

Sea is better at night, I insist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter