lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

15

The last days in every corner of Greece people were celebrating -with every way imaginable- the Assumption of the Virgin. It is also described as the Easter of the summer but for me it was days of great exhaustion …
Well, while everybody around was having fun I was working and I was watching them being in the greatest excitement possible… At least that’s how it seemed like, probably because I was on the other side…
My friends were all here. The ones who live away, the ones who study in distant places, even the ones who originate from my short town but never come back for vacations or just a couple of days.
I’m not whiny, as the matter of fact I was the one who full- consciously chose to spend the entire summer working in a night club apart from the family business. And these last days that the rare- populated town became such a crowded destination it was inevitable that I would have to work each night from 10.30 pm to 7 or 8 am. So, right now I feel really tired but satisfied that I managed to make it through. Because, yes it’s definite that I’m a money whore- as they call it- and whenever I’m proposed a well- paid occupation I hardly can say no, but the reason I also did it was to confirm to myself (I hope) that I can make it under stressful conditions and I can stay focused on what I think it’s the best for me, even when the rest around is celebrating so hysterically!
Last summer I was working as well in the same position but this year’s happenings were…gosh…
I can’t describe the condition of the work when in the place come 1500 people almost at the same time. Thank god I didn’t get a panic attack because everywhere I would turn my head there was a thirsty “clubber” asking for a Bacardi Coke or a Gin tonic or I don’t have idea what the hell else…
But I made it and I’m glad. And I can sit back and relax right now and that’s even more fun than having a night out with your friends on 15 of August.
The times I was feeling like I was loosing my strength and I wanted to find myself on the other side of the bar I was telling to myself that this is a fruitful experience and now I see that it really was. I dealt with polite, rude, abhorrent, beautiful, annoying people and every time I handled it right. I guess. I also appreciated having great time. I stayed disciplined in my own schedule. I managed to find some time to enjoy even a little. I gained money…

The pictures were taken yesterday and they’re (mostly) from my happy hour that I joined my friends and visited the village’s fête.

Afternoon coffee with friends

Voguing at the white bell- tower's base (at church)

You can count the candles to find how many wishes there are

Religious tools for sale

Sell, sell, sell, buy, buy, buy
all crapy things

They call her the "ballerina"

Balloons

Hazardous riders

pictures to be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter