lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Thursday, February 23, 2006

EVERYBODY CAN BE POETICALLY EXPRESSED SOMETIMES

I’ve thought a lot about whether posting this poem of mine or not, and I feel like I need to explain myself. Allow me that clarification, cause every guy who is not a poet for a living, or even a poet at all, feels kind of bizarre if he reveals this hidden aspect of this…expressive nature of his.
Well, this poem is the only one I’ve ever written although I’ve wrote some song lyrics in the past, however I guess that doesn’t count! (...I like that I can be lead to arbitrary conclusions like the one above, cause it’s my blog anyway and I can do this…!)
It actually… came out of me about five years ago when I used to live in a different city than the one I live today, where I was studying. If you’re wondering the source of the inspiration, I’m telling you that I do too, cause I don’t remember being involved or visioning erotically anyone back in the time I wrote it… Just my imagination…
Here is the scenery description: my sister, a friend of ours and me were in home and my sister was sleeping in her room. So, what do two guys do on a lousy Sunday afternoon when they are fucking bored? Did you say they watch football on TV? Of course you did! Stop being that detrimental! The right answer is that they actually do write a poem! To our defense, the conditions were ideal… This means, foggy-wintery-rainy-hypotonic atmosphere outside; melodic music inside and lights almost switched off. There were probably some candles on as well, but I guess I shouldn’t mention this because that just goes way too far and it’s a huge stroke for our virility. When the writing came to an end we were like…
-“man, what did you write?”
-“oh, that’s good (meaning that’s crap)”
-“yeah”
-“let’s go out now and hit some beers (meaning let’s go out now and hit some beers)”.
Anyway, that’s pretty much how I wrote this poem and now you got the chance to have a nosy glimpse on it or even to comment on it if you fell like...

AND IF

And if the sun will never shine
And if the clouds bring again the rain
I’ll have with me all of our days
The endless love, your shiny face

And if the night delays the dawn
And if I’ll spend my days alone
I’ll keep with me your cordial laugh
Your deepest thoughts, your brightest glance

You walked away just by yourself
Searching for life, searching for help
And here I am in a faceless crowd
And all I see is you, no doubt

Illusions are blowing my head away
Delusions are reflecting all the things I’ll never say
Conclusions are telling I’ll see you some day

Feel the silence, hear the noise
And let the time to make the choice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter