lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A HANDY WISDOM

I never collected anything in my life but my sister does. She collects perfume bottles. She’s got a ton of them! She’s kept my mother’s empty perfume bottles, my father’s, hers of course, mine and everyone’s who has the intimacy to ask for his/her empty perfume belongings. Thank god she’s not a cop… She wouldn’t ask for driving licenses and stuff like that but for perfume supplies…
So, I was always surrounded by delicate smells and I was always relating them with the different events that were going on in my life. I never bought a single brand twice, expect one time and each cologne of mine and also some perfumes my sister wears, reminds me of different things. I still remember how my first cologne smells like and I’ve connected it with a time in school when we were protesting for a reason (don’t ask me which) and we literally had conquered the whole place. Innocent years!
There are million other things to think of, like the first time in faculty, the whole atmosphere of two Easters before where I was wearing my dad’s perfume and I loved it and many many others.
All those empty bottles are full of memories! (Well done me, that’s a great poetical sentence!!). So, the times I smell what’s left of them I remember all the great and sometimes ugly (but time make them seem good as well) things I tend to forget.
I can’t say things like "I value perfumes etc for that", they are perfumes nevertheless and that would definitely suck, so I shouldn’t even make an effort, but if I was a brand advertiser I would use the below sentence (sorry, snicky advertoo, I came first). A sentence that came in a moment of great inspiration…

Think twice what perfumes you connect with an event, or even better, what events you connect with a perfume...

I just read the wisdom again and if you really think about it it’s deep…like my perfume" (God is this ever going to end? I want to think perfumlessly again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter