lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Sunday, February 19, 2006

BEING SIXTEEN AGAIN

Last night I thought about visiting my grandma. We have a special bond together plus I feel terrible when I know that she spends so much time just by herself. Especially, now that it’s winter time and she has to stay in home for days without going anywhere from fear of getting cold or something. She’s…plenty… years old, you see.
Well, as I was saying, I was about to get in when to my surprise I heard her laughing and talking and laughing again. Of course you’re gonna say that this fact is not weird, at all. I agree but it’s kind of weird when you are on your own, don’t you think? So, I thought that probably senility was right beside me. That means “by her door”. I questioned myself, isn’t it kind of late for a plenty-year old lady to have an imaginary friend? Because there are only two certain things in this planet when it comes to the imaginary friends topic. When a small kid talks to one of them then it’s imaginative but when an old lady does then she’s probably started dating Mr. Alzheimer!
Thankfully, my grandma wasn’t an additional name of this seducer’s long seduced list; she was just talking on the phone! Of course, the phone! There’s always a phone! How could I forget those evil machines? When she hang up, she told me that she was talking with a friend she had lost contact with for about forty years but they had incidentally crashed again each other recently.
Yeah, that’s good! My nana is not senile, she just feels sixteen or fifteen again and she can have her “girlfriends” as she did in the past! She still has the right to goof around for hours on the phone for as much as she wants!
- Nan, what do these three olives do in your water? And why it is on a martini glass? Don’t tell me you’re having a martini…
- It is called “dry”, you ignorant moron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter