lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Monday, February 20, 2006

THE WEEPING LIST

When you are experiencing lack of creativity what’s better than making a list. All kinds! Of course we’re not talking about super market weekly shopping lists. Not anything that hollow… So, the following is possibly a common but surely a tried-out list… Films that made you cry your heart out… Nor women neither men. Just movies. So, take my list. Basically, I didn’t really cry with each one of them but they all were definitely good nominees for…
No. 6
Pure A touching movie. English production. A drug-addict mum and her primary matured son who tries to get her out of her pathetic condition.

No. 5
Les choristes A French film. I’d call it the European aspect in the “Dangerous Minds” matters. A teacher tries to discipline with some unorthodox for his times ways some disobedient but talented kids.

No. 4
House of sand and fog. Two great British actors. The same ambition and a tragedy. What else to ask! I was about to cry while I was watching it but my family was around and I felt kind of embarrassed.

No. 3
Dear Frankie. I guess a Scottish production. The same touching motive for a guy. A son and an absent father. It is a bit complicated to describe it any further but it was good.

No. 2
Armageddon. Everybody knows it, I guess. A hint of tear showed up when the previously- stubborn later- self-uninterested father sacrifices his self for his daughter’s good. And universe’s of course. It’s an American film after all.

No. 1
Billy Elliot. The film I really cried. You know, to tell the truth I was desperately trying to find out the film that would make me weep the shit out of me. That film was the one. I liked it because it was not bittersweet in the corny way. Again, a relationship between father and son (such a cliché, I admit) and a big dream/aspiration/opportunity. I definitely recommend it to the ones who are still looking for the ultimate I-need-some-handkerchiefs film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter