lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Sunday, May 21, 2006

A VISION FOR EUROREANS

I watched the Eurovision song contest last night. Eurovision is the most celebrated festival in Europe. This doesn’t mean the most prestigious but like the most intriguing events, its value is controversially confronted.
Although it’s an extravagant with bad tasted spectacles at some points show I admit that I watched it with great curiosity. Man I don’t know what to say. Greece didn’t go well or at least as expected cause the expectations were maybe way too high. But the performance by the Greek singer was emotionally strong and amazing. I’m Greek, what can I say!
Ok, the winners were the representative rock band from Finland and the truth is that for my taste they were more than I can chew. For the ones who do not know what I’m talking about, the band was disguised in monster outfits and masks. I guess that they were considered as ugly in appearance except for the ones who may are monstersexuals…
I felt surprised by their win but I thought that lately (or not) people really enjoy to watch ugliness. The ones in specific were like the digital and the other creatures that starred in movies like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and all the subsequent. Of course those films were massive Box Office hits which means that people is hungering for repulsive views. That’s really oxymoron I think. From one side there is something repulsive which means that makes you want to avert it and on the other side the most abhorrent gets the most popular. For this matter, tasting what you distaste is not bravery or challenging but paranoia. And of course needles to say I’m not talking about what we simply choose to watch on TV or things like that but about the world’s current obsession of embracing whatever seems unattractive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter