lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Little Children

Last night I watched a film on DVD. Little Children.
Well, I liked it much and it really was great and to a point meaningful. In general, the story is about living in suburbia actually is not the way it may seems. Behind all this front of pleasant and secure beautiful life. Life can be shity there too beside all the grass and the shining cars aside.
My thoughts about last night were let’s watch something easily digested but I guess I couldn’t help but having thoughts about director’s trying-to-say. The narrator also provided the movie with profoundness and it reminded me of Lars Von Trier’s (not sure about the spelling) Dogville and Manderlay.
There were many allegories and I guess, to take it further, making a picture which seems so mainstream (big stars, many bucks in the production etc) but it has depth, also complies with the main idea of the movie.
The ending was not so superb as the rest of the picture. I mean, throughout the film I was wondering what kind of ending could be possibly used, because one more element of the concept was that the protagonists deal with deadlocks, and I couldn’t guess their next move, but to my opinion it was too easy and kind of inharmonic with the rest.
I guess Little Children was not about the hypocrisy of the society and that of people’s living in it but about trying to build security around us while this is something so desperately futile in some way for a variety of matters.
Realism is something hard to deal with and people tend to hanker for caramels that melt easily in the mouth. And this film was kind of a ,I don’t know, something bitter but edifying, inside a candy wrap.

20 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Hey Yioeng! I'll have to put this movie in my Blockbuster Que! Happy Week-end! xoCinda

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Here I am! Poopy! I forgot to put this movie in my que! How are YOU???!!! Happy week-end! xoCinda

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Just browsing in my Bible this morning and thought of YOU, lemonpie dreamer! Acts 14:1 Happy Week-end!!! ps. Have YOU found any cheap get-aways yet for me???just a little place! with the basic needs! *wink* *sigh* xoCinda

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger White Square said…

    Truly said-"Realism is very hard to deal with".
    Cheers!

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Where are YOU lemonpie dreamer!!! Happy week-end my little friend from Greece!! ahhHHHH, I'm in Greece right now!!! xoCinda

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Just dropping by to let YOU know I was thinking of YOU! Happy week-end!!! xoxoxox

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Hey Lemonpie dreamer!!! I miss YOU!!! What in the world is going on over there in Greece???!!! You don't live near the fires do YOU???!!! Happy Week-end!!! xo

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Just dropping in to say Hi! and hope YOU have a peaceful week-end! xo, Cinda

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Love and prayers for YOU for the week-end! xo Cinda ps. send me an email and let me know how YOU are!!!

     
  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    HAPPY EASTER!!!

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    HAPPY WEEK-END!!! Did YOU fall in love or whazzzzzzuuuppppp?!!! xo, Cinda

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    jUST POPPING IN TO SAY hi! AND HOW ARE YOU????!!!!My FAV salad dressing now is called GREEK! It is soOOOoOoo YUMMY! Do YOU have any great Greek recipes??? What kind of spices should I be looking for???

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    DID YOU seeeeeee MAMMA MIA????!!! I saw it twice!!!! once with a friend and once with my daughter who just got dumped on by a guy she had been going out for 2 months! Could I ask YOU a favor to write her an encouraging email?!!! Getting back to MAMMA MIA, it was soOOOOOOOOooo beauty full!!! YOU are lucky to live where YOU do my friend!! Are YOU in love yet???!!! tee hee HAPPY Week-end!!! Email me if YOU want to email my daughter just for a new friend!!! bluebirddreamer@aol.com and have a HAPPY Week-end!!! xo, Cinda

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Goodness! I forget, were YOU in college?!!! Have YOU written a book yet or some sweet poetry! Are YOU married by now?!!! tee hee Where is that sweet lemonpie dreamer?!!!???Hope YOU are well! I'm still dreaming of Greece!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Going to the Greek Festival here SOON! I think it is this week-end coming! Baklava for me!!! Yippee!!! How are YOU??!!! It's not fair I never hear a word from YOU!!! O well! Are YOU still writing?!!

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Thinking of YOU today! HOW ARE YOU???!!! I keep coming here hoping YOU have written a new poem and share it with us!! on this quiet Blog! Take care Lemonpie Dreamer!!! xoxooxo

     
  • At 4:55 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    Happy Week-end Lemonpie Dreamer!!!

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    I don't know what time it is there but it still is NEW YEARS DAY here! Happy New Year Lemonpie Dreamer!

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger turquoise cro said…

    It's JUNE 16th, 2012!! HOW ARE YOU?!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter