lemonpie dreams

i've never tasted one but they sound delicious

Friday, March 24, 2006

URBANIZED STRUGGLES FOR CULTURAL ENLIGHTENMENT

I must say that I never pay attention to the zodiac pages when I riffle through a magazine…Or maybe the times I do, I don’t actually, really take by heart what they say/suggest/forbid etc, I’m just killing time… The reason is that I outspokenly doubt for their precision… Then again, I can say that my conviction is that maybe in some level, the position the stars and the planets have the exact moment we get borne can influence, more or less, our lives… But just that… Because you know, people say that everything and everybody in the universe is in one way or the other connected… Don’t they? Well, that’s where I console my “theory”….
So, I’m not aware of what signs had foreseen about the last few days but I guess that if I had read last Friday what an “Aquarius” should do and moreover that prescription was being right, I should be warned that… the next seven days focus on spiritual activities and try to enrich your brains as much as possible…you will be given a first class opportunity to fulfill your intellectual pursuits... You see, because really, the last few days were full of those kinds of craps…
Last weekend, as yesterday as well, I visited Thessalonica and despite the good food, the clubbing and seeing friends I also attended some great events… Along with a friend, I although was going to attend a documentary festival, I found myself in the photography museum staring at some great pictures in a photo festival in which I’m by far more interested… Additionally, this same friend of mine won two tickets for a concert in which the female artist who sang, claimed in one of her songs that “her life without her lover is like fat-free ham…”
In the middle of the week I went to the movies also, to watch Woody Allen’s “Match point” and you could say that this is not such a spiritual activity, but along with all the others I consume that it indeed is… As for the cinema which is worth-mentioning, it was not so crowed and the building is an old fashioned one, vintage, and that made it an out of the regular movies outing….
The activities list goes on since I’m reading a book and I just bought a couple of cds, too… Who says that reaching cultural nirvana nowadays is a plain thing to do?
Not to be misunderstood, I’m not bragging or anything; neither I’m saying that these are of the kinds of achievements no one dares to accomplish... Nothing near of those… All I’m saying is that man, do I really need this? If stars have arranged that, I think that I’d be the same satisfied or maybe more with just a good lay…







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web Counter
Web Counter